Federal Contract Management
This course gives you an in-depth tutorial on contract management fundamentals including the role of the contract manager in each phase of the acquisition lifecycle. Basic project management principles are interwoven to provide a baseline for successful contract management. Federal contract managers will be able to solve complex contracting issues, handle contract modifications, comply with contract requirements, fulfill documentation and reporting requirements, and manage difficult situations. Enhance your skills with this hands-on workshop.
Dates and Locations
8:30 AM–3:30 PM Both days
Breakfast and registration open at 8:00 AM.
Why Are We The Best?
Kathleen McWilliams has over 30 years of experience as an entrepreneur and senior corporate executive, including line management of sales and marketing, program management, engineering, contracts and pricing, manufacturing, logistics and quality assurance. She successfully founded and sold technology companies in energy management and security systems and supply chain management, and opened new markets for a $700 Million New York Stock Exchange company in Integrated Justice Information Systems and Federal election reform. She has negotiated and executed millions of dollars in contracts with Department of Defense and civilian federal agencies, as well as state and local governments.
Ms. McWilliams’ Federal Government Experience:
• Negotiated and managed GSA schedules (IT and Training), other IDIQ contracts, fixed price and cost plus procurements, and systems and construction subcontracts
• Led audits for GSA Schedule pricing and terms, purchasing and quality certifications for DOD, performance bond qualification, inventory valuation for several $100M+ public companies, and DCAA accounting system establishment and compliance
• Served as corporate contractual/legal representative for major protests, contract terminations and appeals/disputes
• Developed corporate quality assurance program for two large corporations
• Streamlined business operations that improved the bottom line by over $1,000,000 in one year (facilities, real estate, risk management, travel, and IT services)
• Served as the Executive Sponsor for multi-million dollar business process outsourcing, information systems, and quality review health and human services projects serving federal and state governments
• Led business process outsourcing of integrated government/contractor teams (enterprise resource planning, child welfare, child support, court automation, Medicaid claiming, education information systems, welfare to work, health care options, eligibility and entitlement)
• Delivered worldwide systems, communications, maintenance and support solutions to DOD agencies
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the FAR, and special requirements for construction and services contracts
- Contract administration planning
- Managing task and delivery orders
- Procurement integrity, ethics, false claims, organizational conflicts of interest, and risks
- Contract modifications, terminations for convenience, and compliance
- Managing the triple constraint: Scope, Cost, Schedule
- Small-business subcontracting and subcontract management
- Business systems
- Billing, and contract monitoring and tracking
- Performance evaluations
- Good governance practices
- Special supplier issues: supply chain management, counterfeit parts, information systems security requirements, and more
Learn How To
- Use basic project management tools and techniques to manage your project with a focus on federal acquisitions, including the triple constraint (time, cost, and scope), work breakdown structure, project documentation, life cycle costs, identifying and managing risks, Earned Value Management, monitoring and reporting, and project closeout
- Solve complex contract administration issues and avoid contracting pitfalls
- Understand procurement rules and regulations, especially legal risks, conflicts, and ethics
- Monitor costs and milestones in a performance-based contracting environment
- Handle contract modifications
- Establish good governance practices, billing systems, reporting and documentation procedures
- Protect your performance rating
As a result of this seminar, I am better able to maintain and modify . . . and analyze contracts.
—Wyvette Johnson, ANSER